Tryouts for high school aged players will begin on Dec. 17. Practices and games will begin in March, once all high school basketball has wrapped up. We hope to field at least 3 teams, U19, U17, and U16. All tryouts will cost $10 per player/per session.
1. U19 Tryouts for players born 2004 or later
(Coach Ryan Barbeau)
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2-4pm, at Nicholson
Sunday, Dec. 18, 2-4pm, at Nicholson
Thursday, Dec. 22, at Eastside
2. U17 Tryouts for players born 2006 or later
(Coach Nate Green)
Tentatively scheduled to be held the weekend of Jan. 20-22
3. U16 Tryouts for players born 2007 or later
(Coach Tom Callahan)
Tentatively scheduled to be held the weekend of Feb. 10-12
For more details email: email@example.com
1. Review whether the client has seen the facility safety plan and where it will be posted for the event. This documentation is required to be prepared and posted in the facility for compliance with the Stage 3 regulations.
2. Clarify all entrance and exit parameters of the facility for the officials.
3. Be provided with the name of the facility contact person who will be in charge onsite and responsible for enforcing all required public health measures during the event. Not a coach.
4. Be provided with any specific measures the facility or event management will have in place on the day of the event. Ie. (screening and contact tracing procedures, masking requirements for entrance, change room or washroom availability, etc) .
Enforcement of masks or other COVID-19 policies for coaches, players, bench personnel and spectators are to be enforced by the site convener (not a coach) and not by officials directly. Any concerns raised by officials should be directed to the site convener. If non-compliance of safety regulations persists despite intervention by game management, then the game shall be stopped, and if the issue has not been resolved, then the game shall be ended and the officials shall contact their local board executive and/or assigners to report the incident.
VACCINATION POLICY 2021-22 Season
Purpose of Policy:
To continue to protect the health and safety of all Spirits participants by requiring that certain individuals be fully vaccinated as a condition of participating in Spirits sanctioned activities.
Reason for Policy:
The health and safety of all Participants is the top priority of the Belleville Spirits Club. The purpose of this policy is to protect the health and safety of all participants by reducing the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19, an infectious communicable disease, among all persons involved in the Spirits Club, and to promote the health and safety of all members of the community, through vaccinations against COVID-19. These risk factors include close contact in predominantly indoor closed-space environments (e.g.: gyms, dressing rooms, etc.). The close contact nature of organized basketball makes compliance with social distancing impossible in certain circumstances and reduces the effectiveness of other infectious disease transmission protocols such as masking.
This policy applies to the following Affected Persons, which includes the following persons: • Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers, Managers, and volunteers.) • Game Officials (referees, timekeepers, etc.) • third parties engaged by Teams to provide specialized instruction. Vaccination Requirement & Records are required to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose). All Affected Persons must present to the Club, evidence satisfactory to the Spirits Club demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an accepted COVID-19 Vaccine approved by Health Canada. All Affected Persons will be required to confirm they are vaccinated regardless of which approved vaccine they receive. Acceptable documents serving as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination include: • A digital or physical Dose Administration Receipt. • Medical records signed by a licensed health care provider indicating vaccine name and date(s) of administration. • Government verification/language (e.g. Government issued vaccine passport or card)
Reporting & Record Keeping: